How to Weed Out Bad Contractors
A Few Things to Get You Started...
Here is a simple list of things you can look for to get you started on weeding out bad contractors:
- No professional contractors license number
- Better Business Bureau Rating
- Business phone numbers that ring to cell phones
- Trucks without signage
- No company logo on worker’s shirts
- No business cards or cheap business cards
- Unusually low prices compared to other bids
- Not willing to provide information without being asked
- No Ad in the Yellow Pages
- No Worker's Compensation Insurance - You should ask for Certificates of Insurance
- No Liability Insurance - again, you should ask for Certificates of Insurance
When you receive our brochure, it may seem like a lot of information. It has come from over 25 years of business experience; so you’re right, it is a lot of information; but it’s information you need to know before you make a decision. Please take the time to read it and write down any questions you might have for me. I’m looking forward to our meeting and learning more about your vision for your project!
You can read more about tips and advise on Remodeling in our brochure